How do I e-File a MA extension?
Starting in Drake17, a new STEX screen is available for all state extensions. See Related Links below.
In Drake16 and prior, complete the following steps:
- Fill in the MA EXT screen (Entering a figure in Amount paid with extension will prevent the extension from being generated)
- On the Federal EF screen select MA EXT under Select other states/cities to e-file. Also check the box that says Do NOT send Federal unless you intend to send a federal return or extension.
- Fill in the PIN screen and if making an electronic payment fill in the PMT screen.
- Calculate/view the return.
- Clear any federal error message concerning the DD, PMT, and PIN screens. These screens may affect the MA EXT.
- E-file the MA EXT.