How do I correct errors 5019, 5059, and 5188 in a return for a tax exempt organization?
The text of the error message indicates where corrections or additional entries may be needed. The full text appears below for each of these error messages in a tax-exempt organization return.
When working to clear these errors, consider:
Calculating the return and using any available blue error message links on the Calculation Results screen to open the data entry screens associated with the error.
Printing the text of the error message so that you can annotate your progress and do not have to return to View to see the error text.
Archiving the live return, changing data in the open file to determine what is required to clear the errors, and then restoring and modifying the live return.
AMOUNTS DO NOT MATCH: The amount reported on Form 990, page 2, Part III, line 4e, must equal the amount reported on Form 990, page 10, Part IX, line 25, column (B). Review the amounts entered on the following screens:
* Screen 4 - Part III Achievements
* Screen 9 - Part IX Functional Expenses (lines 1 - 14)
* Screen 9 - Part IX Functional Expenses (press PAGE DOWN) (lines 15 - 24f)
AMOUNT MISMATCH: Form 990, page 12, Part XI, line 10, must equal Form 990, page 11, Part X, line 33, column (B). Review the amounts reported on the following:
* Part VIII, column (A), line 12 (screen 8
* Part IX, column (A), line 25 (screen 9
* Part X, line 33, column (A) (screen 10 and related schedules
* Part XI, line 5 - 9 (screen 11)
AMOUNTS DO NOT MATCH: The amount reported on Form 990-EZ, page 1, Part I, line 21, must equal the amount reported on Form 990-EZ, page 2, Part II, line 27, column (B). Review the amounts entered on the following screens:
* Screen 21 - Part I Revenues and Expenses
* Screen 22 - Part II Balance Sheet & Part III Accomplishments
* Screen SCH3 - 990-EZ Other Items
* Screen SCH5 - 990-EZ Part I Line 5c
* Screen SC40 - 990-EZ Part I Grants and Similar Amounts Paid
* Screen SC42 - 990-EZ Part II Other Assets/Liabilities