How do I select and upload a job to GruntWorx?
Selecting Documents to Upload
To select documents for uploading to GruntWorx, take the following steps (These steps will vary with Organize Lite):
- Open GruntWorx by clicking the icon on the toolbar of the Home window of
Drake. The GruntWorx window is opened.
- At the top of the Submit Jobs tab, select a client from the Step 1–Job For drop
list. (You can scroll down the drop list or begin typing an individual client’s last
name or a business’s first name in the Job For field.)
- In the Step 2–Job Options section, select Populate and/or Trades. (Each job
automatically includes the Organize option and displays the cost per form. The Populate and
Trades cost are also listed in this step, and vary depending on content of the job.)
Select all Job Options that are needed. If the job is uploaded with a missing or wrong selection, the entire job will need to be re-uploaded and the cost of the job will be deducted from the Gruntworx dollars bank a second time.
- In the Step 3–Files to Submit with job section, click Add Files and browse to the
location of the files you wish to upload. Select a document and click Open. Select all documents that need to be included in the job.
A single GruntWorx job is limited to no more than 10 separate PDF documents totaling to no more than 244MB.
- For documents not already saved to your computer, put the documents in your
scanner and click Scan. (Select Duplex Scanning if your scanner offers that
option.) The scanned document is also saved to the client’s “GruntWorx” folder.
- To remove a document from the Files to submit with job pane, select the document
and click Remove.
- To have GruntWorx notify you when the jobs (Organize, Populate, or Trade) are
complete, mark the Step 4 (Optional) check box and enter your email address.
- When all documents have been selected, click the Step 5 Ready button.
To submit Jobs to GruntWorx
- In the Step 6–Jobs in Queue list at the bottom of the Submit Jobs tab, place a
check mark in the box to the left of the name of all client jobs to submit.
- Click Submit.
A single GruntWorx job is limited to:
- A maximum of 10 separate PDF documents.
- The total upload must not exceed 244MB.
If you have more than 10 PDFs that total less than 244MB, you maybe be able to meet the limit by merging them into fewer PDF files using Drake Documents (DDM). If a job times out or take too long to upload it may be because the job is too large or exceeds the upload limitations.
Merging PDF files to reduce the number of files to be uploaded.
You can merge PDF files using Drake Documents (DDM). Only two PDF files may be merged at a time. To merge documents, in Drake Documents:
- Select two files. Pressing Ctrl, click each file separately.
- Right click the file that you want to appear first in the merged file, and select Merge files.
- The two files are merged. The file that you right clicked on:
- Appears first in the merged document.
- Supplies the name of the merged document.
Otherwise, you must submit the documents in more than one job.
For more information about GruntWorx, see the Drake Software Manual or the Related Links below.