Can I download a taxpayer's Form W-2 into Drake Tax?
If your client is an employee of a company that uses a participating payroll processor, such as ADP, Equifax, BenefitMall, Gusto and Paycor, you can download W-2 information directly into Drake Software. W-2 downloads can be purchased in blocks of 15 ($25 per set). See Drake Software Support > My Account > W-2 Imports for more information and to purchase W2 Imports.
Note: W2 downloads are only available in the current tax year. For current Drake customers, unused W2 downloads do not expire and can be rolled forward to the next year.
To import W-2 information:
- From within the taxpayer’s return, go to the W2 screen.
- Enter the employer’s EIN on the W2 screen.
- Click the Import W2 button to check availability of the W2.
- If the employer is in the database, you will be prompted to enter information provided by the taxpayer:
- Click Process.
- The W2 is imported into the return.
- Verify the information and make any other necessary entries.