What are the Federal holidays that might affect the filing deadline of a Federal return?
Federal legal holidays are available from Publication 509 - Tax Calendars
2021 Federal Holidays
- January 1— New Year's Day
- January 18— Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- February 15— Washington's Birthday
- April 16— District of Columbia Emancipation Day
- May 31— Memorial Day
- July 5— Independence Day (observed)
- September 6— Labor Day
- October 11— Columbus Day
- November 11— Veterans Day
- November 25— Thanksgiving Day
- December 24— Christmas Day (observed)
- December 31—New Year’s Day 2022 (observed)