How do I attach Form 2553 to an S-Corporation return that I intend to e-file?
Form 2553 must be completed to generate Form 2553. Then the completed form must be attached as a PDF to the e-filed return. To do so,
- On screen 1, check the box Attaching Form 2553 as a PDF Document.
- Complete the 2553 screen to generate the form in view mode.
- Select and print all pages of Form 2553.
- Have all shareholders sign the form.
- Scan the signed Form 2553.
- Name the document "Form 2553.PDF" and save it somewhere easily accessible.
- Go to View, and click the Attach PDF icon on the toolbar.
- Browse to and select the 2553 PDF.
- Click Open.
- A green check mark is displayed beside the form. The form is now attached and will be transmitted with the rest of the tax return.
- Recalculate the return to clear EF Message 1513.
For a more general description of the attachment process see the Related Links at the bottom of this page.