What is SecureFileProTM and what features are available?
SecureFileProTM (SFP) provides a secure client file exchange, allowing preparers and their clients to exchange confidential tax documents securely and conveniently. It is web-based and works with most browsers and computers. Since it is a paperless document exchange, preparers spend less time printing, faxing, emailing, or mailing returns and other documents to clients when they need a copy.
Anyone can purchase SecureFileProTM, however, the Connect features that are integrated into Drake Documents are only available to Drake Tax customers.
Included in all SecureFileProTM plans:
- Option to brand your site with your company’s logo and name.
- A custom URL (website address) for your site.
- Be sure to bookmark this URL for future use.
- Unlimited clients.
- Unlimited firm accounts for staff/employees.
- Industry-standard Security Measures
- The site and client files are protected by tough, industry-standard security measures. All transmissions are secured with 256-bit SSL encryption, and files are encrypted at rest on the server.
- Clients may view and access only their own documents.
Through integration with Drake Documents, Drake Tax customers can quickly:
- Transfer files
- Update client profiles
- Send questionnaires
- Track client progress
- Send invoices to clients with e-Pay
- Message with your client
- Capture remote e-Signatures with Drake e-Sign Online
- Provide clients with a website optimized for mobile devices and accessible with a standard web browser in iOS, Android, or on their computer.
These functions are available through the four Connect tabs in the SecureFileProTM pane of Drake Documents:
Note: For an overview and demonstration of these features, watch the video SecureFilePro Connect.
SFP allows you to transfer files and information between you and your clients with an enhanced interface that allows:
- Drag and drop file transfer from Drake Documents to SFP clients.
- Drag and drop file transfer from SFP clients to Drake Documents.
- Direct transfer of images of documents captured on the SFP client’s mobile device.
Some image files are also compatible with GruntWorx. See Related Links below.
For more information on the Files tab functions, see Related Links below.
From the Connect tab of SFP pane, you can:
- Upload client information through Client Profile
- The client can then update their demographic information and you can import that information into their return
- Collect client information thorough Questionnaires
- Questionnaires include Health Care Coverage, Due Diligence, Education Credits and Deductions, EIC, CTC, AOTC, and more
- View the status of e-Sign Events through Signatures
- If e-Sign Events have been purchased and used, the status of clients’ signatures can be checked under this menu. See below for details*.
- Bill a client through Payment
- If partnered with e-Pay, invoices can be sent to clients and the status of payments checked. Additional fees apply. See below for details*.
For more information on how to use the Connect tab functions, see Related Links below.
SFP provides an integrated messenger function so that you can communicate with your client without leaving Drake Documents.
From the Messenger tab of the SFP pane, you can:
- Exchange messages with your client
- Export a transcript of your conversations
For more information on how to use the Messenger tab functions, see Related Links below.
Drake e-Sign Online is integrated into SFP and allows your 1040 clients to review and sign tax documents on their mobile devices or computers.
To use Drake e-Sign Online through SFP:
- First, purchase e-Sign events*
- Second, sign with e-Sign events
When using Drake e-Sign Online, remember:
- The Drake e-Sign Online process through SFP is different than using Drake e-Sign In Person. Drake e-Sign In Person allows you to have a client e-sign documents in your office with a signature pad.
- The Drake e-Sign Online process requires the purchase of e-Sign Events.
- Documents can only be signed via SFP if enough e-Sign Events have been purchased and are available.
For more information on purchasing e-Sign Events and the e-Sign process, see Related Links below.
*The e-Pay and Drake e-Sign Online features do require additional fees.
- Merchant card processing through e-Pay functions through the new interface. Pricing depends on which program you choose. See Related Links for details on signing up for e-Pay merchant card processing.
- The signature option requires the purchase of e-Sign Events by the preparer. The preparer must have sufficient e-Sign Events available for taxpayers to be able to sign PDFs that they receive through SFP. Each e-Sign Event purchased will allow the taxpayer and/or spouse to fully sign a single PDF document, which can include multiple signature pages. Each additional PDF that needs to be signed will require an additional e-Sign Event. Use care when sending PDFs for signatures. Review more information and purchase e-Sign Events here. Note that you will be prompted to log in to the Drake Software Support website before accessing this link.
| File Transfer, Connect Questionnaires, Messenger
|| Drake e-Sign Online
|| Payments through e-Pay
|Included with active SFP account
||Available through Non-refundable e-Sign Events, purchased separately
||You must sign up for e-Pay Merchant Card Processing through EPS before you can process payments
Frequently Asked Questions
When does SFP time out? Can I change that?
- SecureFileProTM times out after 20 minutes of inactivity. This setting cannot be changed.
What security measures are used by SFP?
- When you make a purchase on the Drake Software website, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology to safeguard your credit card information while it is being sent to us. The SSL encryption is designed to make the information unreadable by anyone but us. This security measure is working when you see either the symbol of an unbroken key or closed lock (depending on your browser) on the bottom of your browser window.
- All data collected through our website is protected by a secure server. In addition, we use SSL to secure the transmission of data from the internet to our systems.
- All data is maintained and backed-up on a regular schedule to provide adequate redundancy and ensure that the integrity of information is never jeopardized.
- We make every commercially reasonable effort to be fully compliant with rules under sections 6713 and 7216 of the Internal Revenue Code.