How do I purchase and redeem a return as a Pay Per Return (PPR) user?
Pay Per Return Summary
Open Drake Software and go to the Setup > Pay Per Return screen:
To successfully complete a PPR purchase, you must have:
- an active Drake account
- the correct EFIN and account information entered on the ERO screen
- an internet connection
- Go to Setup > Pay Per Return.
- Enter valid credit card information as shown below, and click Purchase.
- Respond to the prompt to confirm the purchase. A successful purchase confirmation is returned within a few seconds after the purchase has been completed.
- If the EFIN information on the ERO screen is missing or did not pass the validation process, you are prompted to correct it.
- If the credit card purchase cannot be completed for any reason, the error message for the invalid field is given. For example: "missing name or address field," or an invalid expiration date message if the credit card has expired.
- If the credit card number is incomplete or does not meet the standards for the accepted credit cards, the following error message is given.
Note: Preparers must be connected to the Internet to purchase and redeem PPR returns. The number of returns purchased and the number of returns redeemed will still be recorded on your computer.
- Once returns are paid for, they can be used or "redeemed" simply by beginning a new return or updating one from the previous year.
- Returns can be redeemed only one at a time.
- Returns cannot be purchased or redeemed by phone. If your internet connection is offline, you can still work in redeemed returns, but you cannot purchase or redeem more returns until the internet connection is reestablished.