What is the difference between an organizer and a proforma?
There are a few differences between organizers and proformas.
- An organizer is usually mailed to a 1040 client to assist the taxpayer in organizing tax data before visiting the tax preparer.
- The tax preparer uses information from the organizer to aid them in the preparation of the tax return.
- Can be used only for individual 1040 returns.
- A proforma typically is used in the tax preparer's office.
- It resembles Drake Tax data entry screens: the screen name is shown and the individual data entry fields are numbered.
- You can view these field numbers on a Drake Tax data entry screen by pressing CTRL + N.
- When data is written into the proforma, it is like a rough (“proforma”) draft of a return.
- Can be used for 1040 and most business return types.