How do I clear EF Message 0043 in a 1040 return?
EF Message 0043 -
MISSING DATA: When the filing status is Head of Household, one of the following must be present:
- Name of dependent or qualifying person
- SSN for dependent or qualifying person
Return to screen 2 and complete the required information for each dependent or qualifying person.
The SSN/ITIN/ATIN of the dependent or qualifying person:
- Must be all numerals
- Cannot be all zeros, ones, twos, threes, fours, fives, sixes, sevens, or eights
- Cannot be the same as the taxpayer
Review screen 1 (demographics or Name and Address) to be sure that:
- Dependent of another is not selected.
- The filing status is correct.
- The name of the person qualifying for HOH is entered.
- The SSN/ITIN for the primary taxpayer is valid and within valid ranges.
Review screen 2 (Dependents) to be sure it has been completed, including any additional information needed. Check that:
- All SSN/ITIN/ATINs are valid and within valid ranges.
- The SSN/ITIN/ATINs entered are not identical to the taxpayer.
- The Months in home field has been completed.
- All selections have been made as necessary under Additional Information at the bottom of the screen.