CWU: When CWU W2 and 1099 Forms are Available
CWU will process, print and electronically file W2 and 1099 forms, but this capacity is not available until later in the year.
- Form processing and printing updates are usually released during the second quarter.
- e-Filing updates are released towards the end of the year, as Social Security Administration e-filing specifications are received, usually in December. See the BSO website for information on when the SSA is accepting wage reports.
W2 and 1099 issues
- “Forms not available at this time” - This message is displayed when you try to access W2 and 1099 forms before the processing and printing update is installed.
- "E-Filing ... is not available at this time" - This message is displayed when you try to e-file W2 and 1099 forms before the e-filing update is installed.
- Forms can be printed, but display a watermark indicating they cannot be filed - The 1099 Copy A and the 1096 display a watermark to prevent filing when both form and data are printed, even after form printing is enabled. For these forms, the IRS requires the data to be printed on IRS red-lined forms. CWU creates the form and data with a watermark for your office use only.
- “Function not available in Demo Mode” - CWU Demo version will not create the W2 or 1099 information. Processing, printing, and e-filing are only available when the full program is installed, which requires a licensed serial number. Serial numbers are available to those who:
- buy the unlimited version of Drake Tax Software,
- buy CWU separately, or
- are Drake Tax PPR users who buy CWU or buy an upgrade to the unlimited Drake Tax Software package.