How do I register my EFIN with Drake, register an additional EFIN, or replace a previously registered EFIN?
Before you can begin to e-file from Drake Tax Software, you must register a valid EFIN with Drake that you intend to use. To register your EFIN with Drake or to change your existing EFIN registration, you must provide Drake with a copy of your e-File Application Summary from the IRS e-Services website.
How do I register my EFIN with Drake?
Submit a copy of your IRS e-file Application Summary showing a Provider Option Status of “Accepted” by ONE of the following methods.
- Upload your document through your Enterprise Office Manager (EOM). Steps are listed below.
- Fax to Drake Software at (828) 349-5733.
- Be sure to include the following with your fax:
- the Drake account number to which you want the EFIN registered,
- if replacing a previously registered EFIN, a statement identifying the EFIN to be replaced,
- if adding an additional EFIN, a statement that it is to be added as a sub-EFIN.
To upload your document through the EOM, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Enterprise Office Manager website at EOM.DrakeSoftware.com. Click the EFIN Mgmt link at the top of the page:
- On the EFIN Management page, complete the following steps:
- Enter the EFIN you want to register with Drake Software.
- For multi-sites you must also choose the office or sub-office that will be transmitting returns with that EFIN.
- Click Choose File and choose your supporting PDF document for that EFIN.
- Click Upload to upload the document to Drake Software for validation.
To confirm your upload and check the status of your EFIN with Drake Software, review the list of registered EFINs at the bottom of the page (under EFINs Registered with Drake Software). Please allow four hours for EFIN processing to be completed.
The following are the codes you may see under the Status column:
- P – Pending
- A – Accepted
- D – Declined
- L – Located
- R – Reporting Purposes Only (for multi-sites)
How do I replace my EFIN with a new number?
- Upload a copy of the e-File Application Summary to the Enterprise Office Manager (EOM).
Can I have more than one EFIN on my account?
- Yes, but you must include instructions that you want to add a second EFIN as a sub-EFIN.
How often do I need to register my EFIN?
- This is a one-time verification process. You do not need to re-send your EFIN document unless your EFIN number has changed.
How will I know if my EFIN is registered?
- Once your document has been verified, you will receive an email from Drake notifying you that it has been registered. Please allow 4 hours for processing.
How do I get a copy of my e-File Application Summary to send to Drake?
- Sign in to your IRS e-Services account by going to www.irs.gov
- Click Tax Pros at the top right.
- Click Access E-Services under e-Services.
- Scroll to e-Services Applications and click E-file Provider Services.
- Under E-file Application, click on the Access e-file Application link.
- Enter your Username click Login.
- Verify Your Site Image and Phrase then enter your Password and click Submit.
- Enter the security code that is sent to your mobile device and click Submit.
- Click Continue.
- Select your organization from the choices given and click Submit Selected Organization.
- Click View/Edit for the Application you wish to view.
- Verify that the Provider Status shows as Accepted.
- Any other status means the IRS has not completed the application process.
- Underneath Application Status, click Print to print a hard copy (or print to PDF). We will need both pages.
Who can I call if I need help?
- Drake Compliance Department at (866) 273-9032.
- IRS e-Services Helpline at (866) 255-0654.
- IRS Secure Access Helpline at (888) 841-4648.
Note: If you change your EFIN with Drake, be sure to also change it in the software under:
Setup > ERO & Account Information, and
Setup > Firm(s).
You will also need to press Confirm after making the change starting in Drake16.