Why is Form 5472 for a foreign-owned US Corporation producing EF Message 0136?
EF Message 0136 reads:
MISSING RELATED-PARTY INFORMATION: The 5472 screen, Parts I & III, is
missing related-party information. The information required for Form
5472, Part III is:
* U.S. identifying number, EIN, "FOREIGNUS," or "APPLD FOR"
* U.S. or foreign address information
* Principal business activity
* Principal business activity code
* Principal countries where business is conducted
* Countries under whose laws the related party files resident
income tax returns
To clear this message, open the 5472 screen. In Part III enter the US ID number. You may force "FOREIGNUS" in that field by entering FOREIGNUS and then pressing Ctrl+F. You will also need to enter complete US address information.