How do I e-file a Single Member LLC (CA 568) in California?
You can generate and e-file a Single Member LLC in either the 1065 or the 1040 package.
In the 1065 package, you do not have to clear EF Message 0220 in order to e-file the CA 568. All other federal red messages must be cleared. Note that you cannot e-file the federal 1065 return with this red message; only the CA 568 can be transmitted.
Federal 1065 EF message 0220 states:
INVALID NUMBER OF PARTNERS: Form 1065, page 1, item I, "Number of Schedules K-1," must be a minimum of two.
Review the number of partner K1 screens entered, or the number entered.
In the 1040 package, a CA SMLLC is generated by:
- First entering an identifying number (1-999) for the LLC in the LLC# box on the C, E, or F screen as applicable.
- The LLC# box has been moved to the Carryovers/State Info tab on the C and F screens in Drake19.
- For example, on the first LLC for a return, enter a 1 in the LLC# box.
- Then go to the CA > Single Member LLC tab > DEMO screen and enter the same identifying number in the SMLLC Number box. Complete any other needed fields.
- You can Page Down to create additional screens as needed to tie to multiple federal C, E, or F screens that are SMLLCs.
- After all red messages are cleared, a CA SMLLC can be e-filed. Review the calculate screen to ensure that each SMLLC on the return is eligible for e-filing (they will be listed as CALLC01, CALLC02, etc.).
- To e-file only the CALLC returns, select CA LLC in the State E-file Override drop list on the EF screen.
Form 568 in Drake16 and prior had to be paper-filed if generated in an individual return per CA EF Message 1900:
Form 568 was eligible for e-file in the partnership package in Drake16 and prior.
CA Single Member LLC (Within Individual Package)
California e-File not allowed
There is a SMLLC(s) present on this return. Currently, Drake
Software does not support the e-Filing of the CA SMLLC (568) in the