What are the system requirements for Drake Tax?
The following information refers to the requirements for the desktop version of Drake Tax. If using Drake Hosted, see Related Links below for requirements, as they may differ.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2019
Windows XP and Vista are no longer supported. Windows Server 2008, R2 and Windows 7 are no longer supported after Drake18.
All operating systems are expected to have the latest updates installed.
Minimum System Requirements
The following minimum system requirements will support Drake Tax on most systems. For superior performance, we recommend system upgrades above the stated minimums. Actual requirements will vary based on your system configuration and the features and other programs you install.
- 1 GHz 32-bit or 64-bit processor
- 1 GB of RAM (32-bit OS) or 2 GB of RAM (64-bit OS)
- 2 GB of available hard drive space
- Monitor capable of 1024 x 768 screen resolution
- Optical Drive - CD drive (unless choosing download option)
- Internet access (required for regular updates and PPR software)
||Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit
||2.0 GHz or faster multi-core processor
||4 GB or more
||2 GB or more of available hard drive space*
||Capable of 1920 x 1080 resolution
||Internet access is required to install program updates and to use PPR software. High-speed
internet access (e.g. DSL, cable, fiber optic) can improve user experience with GruntWorx,
SecureFilePro, and Google and Outlook Calendar integration.
|Windows GDI (Graphical Device Interface) or HP-compatible laser printer
|Internet Explorer 11 or Edge browser must be installed (other browsers such as Chrome and
Firefox can be installed and used as the default)
|TWAIN-compliant scanner (for Drake Documents and GruntWorx)
|Microsoft® .NET Framework
|Version 4.7 or higher
||Microsoft Excel and Adobe Reader
*Actual space requirements will vary based on the number of clients you serve. Solid-state (SSD) hard drives can enhance system performance.
TLS Setting In The Browser Must Be Set To 1.2
To Enable TLS
- Open Internet Options (from Control Panel or from the Tools menu of Internet Explorer).
- Scroll to the bottom of the dialog box and select Use TLS 1.2.
Whether you are an office of 1 or 100, it’s easy to network Drake Software with a dedicated server (recommended) or peer-to-peer network.
Windows 10 and prior years of Drake Tax
Windows 10 is compatible with Drake15 and later versions of Drake Tax.
Drake has tested Windows 10 against the basic functions of earlier software with the following results:
- Drake12 to Drake14 - These Drake products are compatible with the following limitations:
- Some printers may require new drivers from the printer manufacturer.
- Some screens and views in Drake show minor differences when displayed in Windows 10.
- Drake03 to Drake11 -
- may not run as expected under Windows 10, particularly those containing a DOS component (Drake04 and before).
- Drake02 and prior -
In some cases, an OS that is released after the software's release may not produce the needed workstation desktop icon for an NW Client installation. See Related Links below.