What are the system requirements for Drake Tax?
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2008* (Must be R2 version)
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2016
Windows XP and Vista are no longer supported.
All operating systems are expected to be running the latest service pack.
Minimum System Requirements
- 1 GHz 32-bit or 64-bit processor
- 1 GB of RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB of RAM(64-bit)
- Monitor capable of 1024 x 768 screen resolution
- CD drive(unless choosing download option)
- 1 GB of available hard drive space
- HP-compatible laser printer with support for the PCL-5e printer language and the
Arial font (strongly recommended)
- Internet Explorer 11
- Internet access (required for regular updates and PPR software)
- Adobe Reader
These are the minimum requirements to run most Drake Software products. For superior performance, we recommend system upgrades above the stated minimums. Actual requirements will vary based on your system configuration, and the features and other programs you wish to install.
TLS Setting In The Browser Must Be Set To 1.2
To Enable TLS
- Open Internet Options (from Control Panel or from the Tools menu of Internet Explorer).
- Scroll to the bottom of the dialog box and select Use TLS 1.2.
- TWAIN compliant scanner for scanning capabilities within Drake Documents (strongly recommended)
- Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.7 or greater (necessary for scanning functions in Drake Documents and the GruntWorx service)
- Microsoft Excel
Whether you are an office of 1 or 100, it’s easy to network Drake Software with a dedicated server (recommended) or peer-to-peer network.
Recommended System Requirements
- Windows 7, 8, or 10 Professional 64-bit
- 2.8 GHz processor
- 4 GB RAM
- Monitor capable of 1280 x 1024 screen resolution
- High-speed internet access(recommended for GruntWorx, SecureFilePro, Google and Outlook Calendar integration)
- TWAIN-compliant scanner (recommended for Drake Documents) (previously known as the Drake Document Manger or DDM) (strongly recommended)