What is New Jersey Family Leave Insurance and how do I enter it?
Family leave insurance is a mandatory contribution withheld from wages by the employer on the employee’s W-2. Excess family leave insurance contributions may be eligible to be deducted on Form NJ-1040 or NJ-1040NR. See the instructions (resident page 42, or nonresident page 28) and complete NJ-2450.
FLI Data Entry
Enter FLI on screen W2 in either one of two ways:
- FLI can be entered on the W2 screen in box 14, with FLI in the first column and the amount in the second column.
- or -
- FLI can be entered on the W2 screen in the State Information fields as follows (enter on a line separate from other NJ state tax withholding):
- Enter NJ in Box 15 ST
- Enter FLI in Box 15 ST ID Number Field
- Enter a zero (0) in Box 16 ST wage - State Wage Field
- Enter the amount of FLI contribution in Box 17 ST tax – State Tax Withheld