CWU: When using a template to import data to CWU, Drake recommends limiting the lines to 200 entries per spreadsheet. What if I need to import 300 employees?
If you have more than 200 lines, spread them among multiple copies of the template.
- Use a template with an .xlsx file extension for import in CWU 2013 and later software.
- Take care not to duplicate data. In the example below, an employee code in a template that duplicates an employee code already in the software will prevent the data on the template from being imported.
- Always review the data in CWU after you import it.
- If a client file already has entered data into it, consider making a backup before you begin importing a large quantity of data into that file.
Employees Import Example:
- Make a copy of the CWU Employees.xlsx template, naming it "Import Employees 1.xlsx".
- Open "Import Employees 1.xlsx" and enter data until the spreadsheet has 200 entries.
- Save it.
- Make another copy of the CWU Employees.xlsx template, naming it "Import Employees 2.xlsx". Enter data and save it.
- Proceed as above completing multiple employee spreadsheets until all import data have been entered.
- Import the spreadsheets one at a time following the prompts at Tools > Spreadsheet Imports. After each import, review the imported data in CWU.