CWU: I have selected the Setup > Client Information > Business Information > Pay Frequency > Semi-Weekly, but the Schedule B is not Saving to print. I have payroll printed for the quarter.
Schedule B is not always necessary. The IRS advises
"Who Must File?
File Schedule B (Form 941) if you are a semiweekly schedule depositor. You are a semiweekly depositor if you reported more than $50,000 of employment taxes in the lookback period or accumulated a tax liability of $100,000 or more on any given day in the current or prior calendar year. See section 11 of Pub. 15 (Circular E) for more information.
Do not complete Schedule B (Form 941) if you have a tax liability that is less than $2,500 during the quarter."
Instructions for Schedule B
To generate Schedule B from data entry
If you meet the following two conditions, the software automatically generates a Schedule B as the third page of the 941:
- The deposit frequency at Setup > Client Information > Business information > Deposit Frequency must be set to Semi-Weekly.
- The Tax Liability on Line 10 of the 941 must be at least $2500.
To force Schedule B
When those conditions aren't met, select Setup > 94x Form Settings and in the Form 941 area, select Override Schedule B Printing.
To use tax liability and deposit information calculated by the software
You can create a 941 by manually entering the tax liability and deposit information on the 941 and Schedule B at Employees > 94X Forms. However, you can avoid manual entry if
- you select Setup > 94x Form Settings and in the Form 941 area and select Use Tax Deposit Information on 941, and
- you create and save your tax deposits on the 941 Tax Deposits screen (Employees > Tax Deposit > 941).
- The date range for the 941 tax deposit is determined by the Beginning Check Date and the Ending Check Date. The Check Date is the payroll check date, not the pay period ending date.
- Tax liability flows to the Schedule B 'date' field based on which of these options you used when you saved the deposit on the 941 Tax Deposits screen:
- Use Beginning Period Date
- Use Ending Period Date
- Use Payment Date
- Tax deposits flow to line 11 of the 941.
For a video overview of completing a 94X series return in CWU, see CWU Payroll Filings.