Is there a way to pay an amount due for a taxpayer with a Credit or Debit card?
Credit or debit card payment can be made using either of two methods:
- Integrated File and Pay (IFP) (before return is efiled)
- Federal payments only for 1040 or 4868 extension.
- Arrange to make the payment from inside a completed return before the return is e-filed. (Card is not charged until the return has been accepted.)
- Use the IFP screen (on the Miscellaneous tab, or click the Pay balance due ... link on the PMT and 4868 screen).
- For more information about IFP, see KB article "Use Integrated File and Pay to Pay a 1040 or 4868 Balance Due by Credit/Debit Card" in Related Links below.
- 1040paytax.com (after return is efiled)
- IL, KS, MN and federal payments.
- Payment is made after the return has been e-filed.
- Use 1040paytax.com; the ES, X and state FAQ screens include links to this website.
- For more information about 1040paytax.com, see "Pay Federal, IL, KS, and MN Balance Due by Credit/Debit Card at 1040paytax.com" in Related Links below.