Knowledge Base

12485: 709 - Move Amount from Schedule A Part I to Part III

709 Gift Tax

I have an amount showing on 709 return Schedule A, Part I. How do I get that to show in part III instead?


Open the 1040 return, go to the Taxes tab and select the 709 screen.

Open screen A for the gift involved.

Select This item currently subject to gift tax and may later be subject to GST (middle of screen).

See the Instructions for Form 709 for Part III for more details.

Related Links

Also In This Category

Article has been viewed 4.9K times.
Last Modified: 4 Months Ago