How do I change the form order that appears in view or print mode of a return?
Form order can be set
- in enhanced view/print mode of a return. See “Drag and Drop Form Ordering in View Mode” in Related Links below.
- or in printer setup. See below.
To change form order in printer setup
- Go to Setup > Printing > Printer Setup and then select Set Form Order at the bottom of the printer setup window.
- On the Sort Form Order dialog box, select
- The return package type from the drop list in the upper left, such as 1040 Series.
- Federal or a specific state from the drop list on the upper right.
- The specific set for which the order is to be changed, such as Client Set.
- After making the appropriate selections, select and drag the form names into the desired order (or position). When the desired order is achieved, click Save.
To copy form order from one set to another. To apply a newly created form order to another set, click Copy on the right side of the dialog box. The Copy Set Form Order dialog box opens. Select the set to be copied, select the sets you wish to receive the new order, and click Copy.
To revert to default order. To return the forms in a set back to the default order, on the Sort Form Order dialog box select the set and click Reset on the right side of the dialog box.