Where do I enter information in Drake Tax from a 1099-PATR, Taxable Distributions Received from Cooperatives?
For Sub S(1120S), and Partnership(1065) returns, these amounts are entered on field 23, Domestic production activities deduction from cooperatives, of the 8903 screen. This screen is accessible from the Other Forms tab in Data Entry.
Note: Starting in Drake18, the Domestic production activities deduction has been repealed with the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
In Drake14 and earlier software, enter credit from Form 1099-PATR, Taxable Distributions Received from Cooperatives, on the GBC screen. The GBC screen is available on the first Credits tab of the Data Entry Menu, or type GBC into the selector field and press Enter.
To enter the credit:
- Open the GBC screen.
- At the top of the GBC screen, select the appropriate check box for the type of current year credit.
- In the Description of credit drop list under Current Year Credits, select the credit.
- Enter the EIN of the pass-through entity that issued the 1099-PATR in the Pass-Through EIN field.
- Enter the amount of the credit in the Amount field.
- Calculate or view the return.
Beginning with Drake15, enter the 1099-PATR information on screen PATR, located on the Income tab in the 1040 and 1041 packages. The PATR screen is not available in other packages.
There is also a link at the bottom of the GBC screen on the first Credits tab that takes you to the PATR screen.
The PATR screen allows you access to all data fields available on the 1099-PATR form.
It also includes:
- A For drop list for direct distributions to Schedules F and C, or to Form 4835.
- An MFC (Multi-Form Code) box, allowing you to associate one screen with another. For example, when you have more than one Schedule F and need the 1099-PATR information to flow to the second Schedule F.
- A drop list for sending investment credit information to Part II or Part III of Form 3468.
- A drop list for selecting certain credits and deductions.
- A checkbox for Specified Co-op (new for Drake20).
For more information see the Instructions for Form 1099-PATR.