I am amending a 1040NR return, but in the view mode the 1040X page 1 is blank.
Only demographic information (name, address, ssn) should be entered on page 1 of the 1040X when completing for a 1040NR. The remaining lines of the 1040X page 1, and page 2 parts 1 and 2 will remain blank. An explanation of changes should be entered in part 3. The changes are then reflected on the new or corrected 1040NR return in the view mode with 'AMENDED' printed at the top of the form.
Per the 1040X Instructions:
Resident and nonresident aliens. Use Form 1040X to amend Form 1040NR or Form 1040NR-EZ. Also, use Form 1040X if you should have filed Form 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ instead of Form 1040NR or 1040NR-EZ, or vice versa.
To amend Form 1040NR or 1040NR-EZ, or to file the correct return, do the following:
- Enter your name, current address, and social security number (SSN) or IRS individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN) on the front of Form 1040X.
- Do not enter any other information on page 1. Also, do not complete Parts I or II on page 2 of Form 1040X.
- Enter in Part III the reason why you are filing Form 1040X.
- Complete a new or corrected return (Form 1040, Form 1040NR, etc.).
- Across the top of the new or corrected return, write “Amended.” Attach the new or corrected return to the back of Form 1040X.
For more information, see Pub. 519, U.S. Tax Guide for Aliens.
For instructions on how to amend a 1040 series return in Drake see "How To Amend An Individual Federal Return" in Related Links below.