How do I create or edit reports from within the Report Manager?
The Report Manager allows you to create a new report or edit an existing report. You can also modify the report layout and define filters. To access this option select Reports > Report Manager.
Creating a New Report
- Click New Report.
- Select Electronic Filing & Banking, Tax Return Data, or Scheduler for Report Type and click OK. The Report Editor dialog opens
- Complete the Report Editor information. See "Reports - Report Editor" in Related Links below for more details.
- Click Save. The new report is saved in My Reports.
Editing an Existing Report
- Click the report to be edited from the list of standard or custom reports. The selected report is highlighted and a Sample Report is displayed at the bottom of the screen.
- Click Edit Report.
- Modify the Report Editor information as needed. See "Reports - Report Editor" in Related Links below for more details.
- Click Save. The modified report is saved (as a customized report) in My Reports. This ensures standard reports remain intact for future use.
Note: If the Edit Report button is disabled and there is not a Report Sample displayed, the selected report is protected and cannot be edited.
Deleting an Existing Report
Warning: There is no way to restore a deleted report and this option is only available for reports you created. None of the standard reports, that are shipped with the application can be deleted.
- Click a report in My Reports.
- Click Delete.
- Click Yes to the delete confirmation prompt to remove the report or No to leave the report and close the dialog box.
Viewing a Report
- Select a report in the list of standard or custom reports.
- Click View Report.
- The report results are displayed in the Report Viewer.
Options for the viewed report are:
Print - Choosing this option sends the displayed report to the default printer.
For more information on Reports, see Related Links below or the Drake Software Manual.
Export - This option allows export to Excel (.XLS file), CSV, and Notepad (.TXT file).*
First - This option returns you to the first page in the report.
Next - This option allows you to view the next page in the report.
Previous - This option allows you to go back to the previous page in the report.
Last - This option takes you to the last page in the report.
Exit - Closes the Report Viewer.
Note: If the client file has been password protected, the client will not show up in reports or labels by default. To allow these to show up, starting in Drake19, go to Setup > Options > Administrative Options tab and check the box Include password protected returns in reports (Admin Only).
*Note: If you are using Hosting on Right Networks, you must have Microsoft Office in the hosting environment to export and open the reports in those program types. You can choose to export and save the file to your I:\ and then open it from your computer if needed. See Related Links below for the process of copying a file from Right Networks to your local computer.