Beginning in Drake16, a new Foreign tab will replace the 2nd Other Forms tab in data entry.
One of the enhancements of the Drake16 program is the new Foreign tab in data entry. Form 1040NR, Nonresident Alien Income Tax Return is able to be e-filed through Drake Tax Software beginning in TY 2016. FinCEN Report 114, Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR) is also eligible for e-file (see Related Links below). We’ve added new screens to the program for use in filing these and other forms required of nonresidents and foreign corporations. These screens can be located on the Foreign tab.
Also on the new Foreign tab are screens used for other nonresident returns, including:
- Screen W7, used for applying for or renewing a taxpayer’s ITIN,
- Screen 8833, used for filing Form 8833, Treaty-Based Return Position Disclosure,
- Screen 8840, for filing Form 8840, Closer Connection Exception Statement for Aliens, and
- Screen 8843, for filing Form 8843, Statement for Exempt Individuals and Individual with a Medical Condition.
- Screen 8938, for filing Form 8938, Statement of Foreign Financial Assets
For information on the Form 1040NR or FinCEN Report 114, see Related Links below.