New Document Manager options in the Working and/or Archive cabinets
There are several new or changed options in the Options menu of Drake Documents. To access Drake Documents, from the toolbar of the Drake Software home window click the Documents button, or from any data entry menu in a particular return click the Documents button. Once the Drake Documents 2016 program is open, select Setup > Options.
Working or Archive Cabinet
Beginning in Drake16, you can easily switch back and forth between the Working cabinet and the Archive cabinet on a temporary or permanent basis. To do this:
- At the top of the Drake Documents - Options window, choose the cabinet you would like to use.
- At the prompt, indicate whether you do or do not prefer to use the new selection as the default Cabinet
Drake Account Number
If you plan to email documents through Drake Documents, or you use plan to use SecureFilePro to either back up your data or send documents through the portal to your clients, you must enter your Drake account number in the Account # field of the Drake Documents - Options window.
Common Documents List
The Common Documents list has changed in appearance in Drake16, but functions much the same as it has in the past.
To utilize the Common Documents list:
- Click the Show/Hide button.
- In the Document Name column, type the name of a document that is commonly scanned into Drake Documents by your office.
- Click the Type column and select the default document format from the drop list.
- (Optional) Click in the Duplex column to turn on your scanner's duplex function, if available.
- Click Save.
The Type and Duplex settings you choose for each type of document in the Common Documents list will become the default setting for that document type.