What is SecureFilePro Connect?
Starting in Drake17, a new feature called SecureFilePro Connect will be available for SecureFilePro users.* Traditional SFP will still function as it has in prior years, however, we are enhancing your interface to allow you to interact virtually and provide additional services to your customers. SFP Connect will be fully integrated into Drake Documents. Use SFP Connect as you prefer in either the working or archive cabinet of Drake Documents. Your customers, when you invite them to Connect, will interact with you through a mobile-friendly website. SFP Connect is designed to be user friendly and accessible by your customers on iOS and Android mobile devices or with a computer and standard web browser. Features include:
- File Transfer
- Update client profile
- Track client progress
- Remote eSignatures
- Invoice payment through ePay.
For an overview and demonstration of these features, watch the video SecureFilePro Connect.
The same secure transfer of files and information between you and your clients that you have experienced through SFP. The interface has been enhanced to allow you to easily drag/drop documents between SFP Connect and Drake Documents. In addition, clients can use their mobile device’s camera to take a photo of a document and upload it through Connect.
NOTE: Image files are not compatible with GruntWorx. GruntWorx works with PDF documents only.
The Connect tab provides several ways in which you can interact with your client virtually, including the ability to:
- Update your client’s profile by sending prior year demographic information to them to be verified.
- The Upload also sends an invitation email to the client so that they will be able to either log in to an existing SFP Connect Profile, or set up a new login.
- The client can make changes to their demographic information (as shown on screen 1 Name and Address), add a spouse or dependents, and then upload the changes back to you.
- An import function allows you to review the changes from your client and import the changes into the client’s data file in Drake Tax.
- A checklist, based on the previous year's tax return, will also be created. This will help your client gather this year's tax documents. They can upload those documents to you directly through SFP Connect.
- Questionnaires are fillable PDFs that can be sent to your clients to assist them in compiling their tax information. Examples of questionnaires include:
- EIC, CTC, AOTC Checklist
- Due Diligence Checklists
- Education Credits and Deductions
- 2441 Child and Dependent Care Expenses
- Health Care Coverage Questionnaire
- From the Connect tab, you can easily see the statuses of Profile data, Signatures, and Billing/Invoicing. For more information about Signatures, see below.*
- You can also send charges/invoice amounts to request payment from your client. Client payments may be submitted online through SFP Connect if the preparer is partnered with ePay.*
SFP Connect provides an integrated messenger function so that you can communicate with your client without leaving SFP Connect. Messages remain on the tab to allow you to review your interactions at a later date. Message threads can also be exported and saved in the client's Drake Documents folder as a text file.
This feature allows you to send a PDF copy of a completed return for review and signatures.
- The Signature Events are initiated directly from View/Print mode in Drake Tax by clicking the eSign button. The document is generated and uploaded to SFP Connect, without leaving the return. Your client will then receive an email inviting them to view and sign the PDF.
- The client will log into SFP Connect using a mobile device or PC and open the PDF from the Sign Forms tab.
- Note: The first time that the taxpayer is presented with a PDF to sign, they will be required to verify their identity through Knowledge-Based Authentication (KBA). This fulfills the IRS requirements related to capturing remote signatures. See Publication 1345 for details on IRS requirements.
- After reviewing the return, they can click on the signature fields and use a stylus, finger, or mouse to sign the return, 8879, and other forms that require a signature.
- Once complete, you will be notified that the return has been signed. The Signature Status will display on the Connect tab in Drake Documents, for your convenience.
*The ePay and Signature features do require additional fees.
- Merchant card processing through ePay functions through the new interface. Pricing depends on which program you choose. See Related Links for details on signing up for ePay merchant card processing.
- The signature option requires the purchase of eSignature Events by the preparer. The preparer must have sufficient eSignature Events available for taxpayers to be able to sign PDFs that they receive through SFP Connect. Each eSignature Event purchased will allow the taxpayer and/or spouse to fully sign a single PDF document, which can include multiple signature pages. Each additional PDF that needs to be signed will require an additional eSignature Event-- use care when sending PDFs for signatures. Review more information and purchase eSignature Events here. Note that you will be prompted to log in to the Drake Software Support website before accessing this link.
To summarize, SFP Connect features are available as follows:
|File Transfer, Connect, Messenger
|Included with active SFP account
||Available through Non-refundable eSignature Events- purchased separately
||You must sign up for ePay Merchant Card Processing through EPS before you can process payments
Setting up a client from DrakeTax to use SFP is easy. See Related Links below for details.