Drake Accounting: How do I install Drake Accounting?
Before you can install Drake Accounting, you must first have SAP Crystal Reports and .Net Framework 4.6.2 installed and Microsoft SQL Server setup on your computer. Once these prerequisites have been taken care of, you will be able to continue with the installation and setup of Drake Accounting. The following wizards will appear when you begin installing Drake Accounting, if your computer does not have the required program or configuration.
- SAP Crystal Reports
- Microsoft SQL Server
- .Net Framework
- Installing Drake Accounting
SAP Crystal Reports Setup
- When the SAP Crystal Reports Installation Wizard appears, click Next.
- Once you finish reading the SAP Crystal Reports License Agreement, select I accept the License Agreement and click Next.
- On the Start Installation window, click Next.
- Click Finish once the SAP Crystal Reports engine has been successfully installed.
Microsoft SQL Server Compact Setup
- The Microsoft SQL Server Compact Setup appears after the Crystal Reports Installation. Click Next at the Microsoft SQL Server Compact Setup.
- Read through the License Agreement, then select I accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next.
- Click Install to start installing Microsoft SQL Server Compact.
- Once the Microsoft SQL Server Compact Setup has been installed successfully, click Finish.
.NET Framework Setup
- .Net Framework 4.6.2 will start downloading after the Microsoft SQL Server has been completed.
- Read the license agreement for .NET Framework, then select I have read and accept the license terms and click Install.
Drake Accounting 2017 Setup
- Once the prerequisites have been completed, click Next at the Drake Accounting 20YY Setup Wizard.
- Read the End-User License Agreement, select I accept the terms in the License Agreement and click Next.
- Select the appropriate installation type for your software needs:
- If you will be using the software on one computer, select Stand-alone.
- If you are going to be using the software on a network server, select Network.
- When installing the software on a network, make sure to install it on the server first, followed by each workstation. On the server computer, choose Network as the Installation Type.
- If you are on a network and are downloading the software to the workstation, select Network Client as the Installation Type.
Note: If you are installing to a Network, your server computer must be a computer that is used daily. Beginning with Drake Accounting, the server cannot be a computer that is stored away and only used for hosting a network.
- If you use a Wacom Signature Pad, select Wacom Signature Pad SDK under Optional Installations and click Next.
- Choose the appropriate installation drive and options. Then click Next.
- Choose the appropriate installation drive and click Next.
- On the Configure Shortcuts window, decide where you want the software shortcuts and select Next.
- Click Install if you are ready to proceed with installing the software.
- Click Finish once the installation is complete.
When you open the software it will ask you if you want to activate it. Be sure to complete the Firm Information Setup screen to connect to Drake’s servers, enable program updates, and allow full functionality.
If you are on a network, after the installation has been completed on the server computer, make sure to go to each workstation and start over with the download link on each computer to create the setup for both the prerequisites and Drake Accounting 2017. Make sure to select Network Client once the download asks you to choose which installation type for Drake Accounting.