Drake Accounting®: How do I create the admin Portal login?
Drake Accounting® allows all users to have access to the portals at no additional cost. To access the portal, you must first create an account.
The Drake Accounting Portals Guide is available on the support website under Support > Documents > Manuals.
There are three types of Portals users:
- Admin — This is the Drake Accounting® user responsible for the overall administration of the Portal including activating the Portal and maintaining Firm and Employer user IDs and passwords. The Admin user can perform all Portals functions.
- Firm — This is an employee of the accounting firm and has full Portals capabilities with the exception of managing portals users and activating the Portal.
- Employer — This is a client of the accounting firm (preferably the employee that handles payroll). This user has the same functionality as the Firm user but is restricted to viewing employee/vendor and payroll details of their company.
This article covers setting up an Admin account only. To setup a Firm or Employer user, please see the Related Links below.
To access the portal, you must first create an Admin account.
- Go to Firm > Portal Setup. Select Create User.
- Create a Login name, First and Last name, and enter the email address.
- Once you have entered all of the required information, the validation icons disappear.
- Click Submit once you are finished creating a portal user.
- You will receive an email about logging into the portal with a temporary provided password.
- Click on the link provided and enter the Username and Password credentials. You must change the password once you are logged into the portal.
If you already have a Portal login set up, you can get to the portal by going to:
- Firm > Portal Setup > Access Portal
- Employees > Payroll > Portal Batch > Access Portal
- Help > Web Links > Access Portal
If you do not remember your password, use the Forgot Your Password? link on the Portal website. You must enter the email address that was used when you signed up.
For additional information on the Portal Payroll process, please see Related Links below.