Drake Accounting: How do I get the tax liability amount to produce in part 2 of form 941?
If you are expecting the tax liability in part 2 of the 941 to produce once the form has been saved/printed, make sure:
- The client is a monthly depositor.
- Go to Client > Edit > Business Information tab. Select Monthly from the Deposit Frequency drop list.
- The amount on line 12 is more than $2,500.
- If line 12 Total taxes after adjustments and credits is less than $2,500.00, the amount will not flow to the printable or e-filable form.
- This is because the IRS does not require part 2 of the 941 to be filled out if line 12 is less than that amount.
See the 941 Instructions for more information and requirements.