How do I use the Connect tab of SFP Connect to interact with my clients?
From the Connect tab of SFP Connect, you can:
- Upload client information through Client Profile (1040)
- Collect client information through Questionnaires (1040)
- View the status of eSignatures through Signatures (1040)
- Bill a client through Payment
Upload Client Information through Client Profile (1040)
- The Client Profile section allows you to upload profile data based on prior year information,
- Then the client can verify or alter the uploaded the profile data,
- You can then download the data and use it to auto-fill portions of the client’s return.
- Note: When you upload the Client Profile, a Checklist of forms that were completed in the prior year are shown on the Checklist tab in the client's portal. This list is dynamic and based on the prior year data entry. No selections can be made to add or remove forms from this list-- it is completed automatically by the program.
To use Client Profile (1040):
- Click on the Connect tab.
- Click Upload.
- Enter the client’s SSN.
- Click OK.
- Review the taxpayer's information.
- If the information is correct, click Yes.
- Click Ok on the confirmation window.
Note: The status updates to “Sent” on the Connect tab in the SFP pane.
- The client receives an email invitation to review their uploaded profile.
- The preparer is able to review the status of the uploaded profile on the SFP pane:
- Not Sent – The profile has not yet been uploaded.
- Sent – The profile has been uploaded.
- Verified – The client has reviewed and verified their profile data and the data is ready to be reviewed, downloaded, and changes imported into Drake Tax.
- Once the status reads Verified, click the Download button:
- Enter the client’s SSN on the dialog.
- Click OK.
- Any changes made by the client may be reviewed on the Personal Data Update window.
- To accept the client’s changes, click Download.
- A message appears stating that the next time the return is opened it will be filled in with the downloaded profile data.
- Click OK to return to Drake Documents.
Note: Click on the blue question mark beside Client Profile for more information.
Collect client information thorough Questionnaires (1040)
You can send a range of fillable PDFs to collect additional information from a client.
- Click on the Connect tab.
- Click Select to the right of Questionnaires (1040).
- Check the box beside each desired PDF in the Send column.
- If you’d like to preview the form, click View under the Preview column.
- Click Send.
- The client will receive a notification email and find the PDFs in the From Preparer section of Files.
Note: Click on the blue question mark beside Questionnaires for more information.
View the status of eSignatures through Signatures (1040)
The Signatures section of the Connect tab displays the status of the eSignature documents that are uploaded to a client from Enhanced View/Print mode in Drake Tax.
Note: See Related Links below for more details on Signatures.
One of three statuses display:
- Not Sent - Signature forms have not been sent to the taxpayer for review/signatures.
- Sent - Signature forms have been sent to the taxpayer for review/signatures.
- Signed - Taxpayer has reviewed and completed the signature process.
Note: Click on the blue question mark beside Signatures (1040) for more information.
Bill a Client through Payment
Note: Client payments may be submitted online through SFP Connect only if the preparer is partnered with e-Pay.
To bill a client for tax preparation directly from the Connect tab of SFP Connect:
- On the Connect tab, enter the bill amount.
- Click the Bill button to send the bill amount to the taxpayer.
- The client will receive a notification email that a bill has been sent.
- You can verify the payment and print documentation by clicking the Details button.
Note: This service does require additional fees and pricing depends on which program you choose. See Related Links for details on signing up for e-Pay merchant card processing.
Note: Click on the blue question mark beside Payment for more information.