Drake Accounting®: How do I get a Transmitter Control Code (TCC) (required for 1099/1098 and W-2G e-Filing)?
A Transmitter Control Code (TCC) is necessary to e-file Forms 1098, 1099, 3921, 3922, 5498 and W-2G.
Per the IRS, a new application for a Transmitter Control Code (TCC) will deploy on September 26, 2021. "The new application will be available on IRS.gov and will replace both the current Form 4419 and the Fill-in Form 4419 on the FIRE System." Information will be added below as the IRS releases details.
Prior to September 26, 2021:
- Use Form 4419 to request an original TCC. Submit an online Fill-in Form 4419 located within the FIRE System at https://fire.irs.gov/.
- Submit a paper Form 4419 (Rev. 9-2019) when you have an existing Transmitter Control Code (TCC) to revise current TCC information or request an additional TCC for a form type listed on Form 4419 Block 8.
After the IRS processes your application:
- You will receive a letter from the IRS with your TCC.
- In Drake Accounting®, go to Firm > Firm Information Setup and enter the TCC.
- Click Save.
Only one Transmitter Control Code is required to e-file all of your clients’ Forms 1098 and 1099.
Note: The general time frame for receiving your TCC is 45 days after submission of the request.
If you plan on e-filing, be sure to submit your TCC application with enough time to allow for this processing window.
After September 26, 2021:
The new IR Application for TCC is available on the FIRE page. This new application replaces paper and Fill-In versions of Form 4419, Application for Filing Information Returns Electronically (FIRE), on the FIRE System.
- If you have Secure Access credentials from applications such as e-Services or Get Transcript, enter your existing Secure Access username and password in the IR Application for TCC.
- If you don't have Secure Access credentials, complete the Secure Access process to create an account. See Secure Access: how to register for Certain Online Self-Help Tools for more information.
- You must create a 5-digit PIN to sign the application.