Drake Accounting®: Does DAS facilitate the Oregon state wide transit tax?
With the release of Drake Accounting® 2018 version 184.108.40.206, the Oregon OQ Form has been updated in the software for the 3rd and 4th quarters to reflect the update of payroll state wide transit tax.
Please ensure your software is up-to-date by going to Tools > Install Updates.
At the bottom left-hand side of the screen, you will see what version you are on.
For more information about this law, see Statewide Transit Tax on the Oregon Department of Revenue website.
This website will be updated regularly, so please refer to it often for additional details.
To apply the transit tax update to the OR OQ, it must be set up as a deduction under Employees > Deductions & Benefits.
- Go to Employees > Deductions & Benefits.
- On the Deductions tab, click on the to create a new deduction.
- This should be named in conformity with OR guidelines as ORSTT W/H.
- Fill out applicable information.
- For the WH. Code, select Transportation Tax.
- Be sure that everything with a is completed.
- Once all needed information is filled out, click Save.
See Related Articles for more information about the codes.