Drake Accounting®: Where are the W2, W3, 1098, 1099 and other e-file forms saved when using Drake Hosted?
When you are uploading Forms to the IRS and other state DORs, you cannot choose the virtual (Hosted) location as the save location. Forms must be saved locally on your machine in order to allow them to be selected for the upload. Drake Hosted saves e-file forms by default on the Z:\ inside the Drake Hosted File Explorer. To move the files to your computer, follow these steps:
- Create a folder on your C:\ in which you will be saving the created files. A suggested name is DAS e-Files.
- In DAS in Drake Hosted, go to e-Filings > Manage e-Files.
- Locate the Folder or File that you want to move and select them in the list.
- Click Copy Folder or Copy File, as applicable.
- If you are copying a folder, a Browse for Folder window will display. If you are copying a file, a Select a Folder to Save the Selected File to window will display.
- Browse to Computer > C$(\\Client)(V:) > DAS e-Files (this is your local computer's C drive).
- Click Open and then Save.
- The folder/file has been moved from Hosted to your local computer. On the IRS or state DOR websites you can now browse to that location, select the file(s), and upload them successfully.