How do I check my version number to ensure that I am up to date?
With e-Filing opening Monday, January 28, 2019 for tax year 2018, ensure you have the latest updates in order to avoid rejected returns. To check your version number, use the following steps:
- Log in to Drake Tax.
- On the home screen, find the bottom ribbon:
- Check to the right of the word Version where you will find a series of letters and numbers
- Verify that the series begins with P2:
- Verify the series ends with a number 13 or greater:
The latest software updates can be reviewed on the on the Knowledge Base for each year of Drake Tax as well. Click Drake18 for details on the current year's updates.
- If the series begins and ends with those characters, your software is up to date.
- If the series begins or ends with any other characters, log into the software as Admin and download updates.
- After downloading updates, repeat steps 2-5 and 6 if needed.
- Be sure to re-calculate returns after getting updates to ensure that all returns have the applicable updates applied.