Drake Accounting®: The Iowa Employer's Contribution & Payroll Report is required to be e-filed.
For filing to the Iowa WorkForce Development (IWD) website, DAS produces:
- A CSV file for upload.
- A PDF of Form 65-5300, Employer's Contribution & Payroll Report, for record-keeping purposes only.
As of September 2013, Iowa requires that all employers and third-party providers use MyIowaUI to file quarterly reports and submit new employer registrations. If you need help finding the nearest Access Point, resolving issues related to the Registration Key, getting more information on the mandate, or using MyIowaUI, contact the MyIowaUI customer service team by phone at (888)848-7442 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See Related Links below for required setup before creating the state wage report.
To create the report:
- Select the Employees menu, then select State Tax & Wage Forms.
- Make sure IA is selected, then select 65-5300 from the Forms droplist.
- Select the applicable quarter.
- Review the form and make any necessary entries or edits.
- Make sure the e-file checkbox is marked, then select Save/Print.
Save/Print creates a watermarked PDF of the Form 65-5300 for record-keeping purposes, as well as the CSV file for upload to the IWD.
- Log in to MyIowaUI.
- Follow the menu options to upload the wage file.
- The file for upload can be found by browsing to the drive where DAS is installed > DrakeAccounting20YY > Clients > client code > EFile > IA > IA655300 and selecting the file named IA655300_YYYY-MM-DD_HR_MIN_SEC.csv (where YYYY-MM-DD_HR_MIN_SEC is the date and time of the file creation).