Drake Accounting®: How do I create and file the NYS-45?
For filing to the New York Department of Taxation and Finance, DAS produces:
- A .txt file for upload
- A PDF of Form NYS-45, Quarterly Combined Withholding, Wage Reporting, And Unemployment Insurance Return, for record keeping purposes only.
See Related Links below for required setup before creating the state wage report.
To create the wage report:
- Select the Employees menu, then select State Tax & Wage Forms.
- Make sure NY is selected, then select S-45ATT1 from the Forms droplist.
- Select the applicable quarter.
- Review the form and make any necessary entries or edits.
- Make sure the e-file checkbox is marked, then select Save/Print.
Save/Print creates the watermarked PDF of the Form NYS-45 for record keeping purposes, as well as the .txt file to upload to the state of New York.
- Log in to the New York Online Services for tax professionals website.
- Follow the menu options to upload the wage file.
- The file for upload can be found by browsing to the drive where DAS is installed > DrakeAccounting20YY > Clients > client code > EFile > NY > NYS45ATT1 and selecting the file named NYS45ATT1_YYYY-MM-DD_HR_MIN_SEC.txt (where YYYY-MM-DD_HR_MIN_SEC is the date and time of the file creation).