Drake Accounting®: When will W-2 and 1099 forms be available?
DAS will process, print, and e-file Forms W-2 and 1099, but some functions are not available until later in the year.
- Form processing can be completed at any time during the year.
- Printing without a watermark will generally be available mid-November to early December.
- The SSA generally begins accepting e-filed W-2 forms in December (date will be posted in the user Handbook for W-2/W-3 filing on the BSO webpage).
- 1099 forms will be available for e-file when the FIRE site begins accepting transmissions for the new year, generally in early January (date will be posted on the FIRE webpage).
Common W-2 and 1099 issues:
- "Preview for 20YY" watermark - this watermark is printed until the forms are updated and approved for printing and filing.
- There is no "data only" printing option for the W-2 - the SSA Copy (Copy A) W-2 is no longer required to be printed on the red-lined forms, so there is not an option to print "data only".
- "Client Copy" watermark on 1099 - the IRS Copy (Copy A) 1099 form is required to be printed on the red-lined forms for filing purposes. To print this form without a watermark, select to print "data only".
- "Printing Not Available In Demonstration Mode" red overprint - printing of forms requires a licensed version of Drake Accounting® with a valid serial number.