Drake Accounting®: How do I create and file the Alabama UC-CR-4/4A?
For filing to the Alabama Department of Labor (DOL), DAS produces:
- A TXT file for upload to the Alabama eGov website.
- A PDF of Form UC-CR-4/4A, Quarterly Contribution Report for record-keeping purposes only.
Alabama requires the UC-CR-4/4A to be e-filed.
See Related Links below for required setup before creating the state wage report.
To prepare the UC-CR-4/4A:
- Select the Employees menu, then select State Tax & Wage Forms.
- Make sure AL is selected, then select UC-CR4 UC-CR4A from the Forms droplist.
- Select the applicable quarter.
- Review the form and make any necessary entries or edits.
- Make sure the e-file checkbox is marked, then select Save/Print.
Save/Print creates the watermarked PDF of Form UC-CR-4/4A for record-keeping purposes, as well as the .txt file for upload to the Alabama DOL.
- Log in to the Alabama DOL eGov account.
- Follow the menu options to upload the wage file.
- The file for upload can be found by browsing to the drive where DAS is installed > DrakeAccounting20YY > Clients > client code > EFile > AL > ALUCCR4UCCR4A and selecting the file named ALUCCR4UCCR4A_YYYY-MM-DD_HR_MIN_SEC.txt (where YYYY-MM-DD_HR_MIN_SEC is the date and time of file creation).
For more information regarding e-filing the UC-CR-4/4A, see the Alabama Department of Labor eGov webpage.