Drake Accounting®: How do I create and file the Massachusetts Quarterly Tax And Wage Report?
For filing to the Massachusetts Department of Unemployment Assistance (DUA), DAS produces:
- A PDF copy of the Quarterly Tax And Wage Report for record-keeping purposes.
- A .txt file for e-file.
Note: All quarterly reports must be filed electronically.
See Related Links below for required setup information before creating the state wage report.
To prepare the report:
- Select the Employees menu, then select State Tax & Wage Forms.
- Make sure MA is selected, then select GEN Q TAX from the Forms droplist.
- Select the applicable quarter.
- Review the form and make any necessary entries or edits.
- Make sure the e-File checkbox is marked, then select Save/Print.
Save/Print creates a watermarked PDF copy of the form for record-keeping purposes only. If e-File was marked, a .txt file for upload to the Massachusetts Division of Unemployment Assistance website is also created.
- Log in to the Massachusetts Division of Unemployment Assistance website.
- Follow the menu options to upload the wage file.
- The file for upload can be found by browsing to the drive where DAS is installed > DrakeAccounting20YY > Clients > client code > EFile > MA > MAGENQTAX and selecting the file named MAGENQTAX_YYYY-MM-DD_HR_MIN_SEC.txt (where YYYY-MM-DD_HR_MIN_SEC is the date and time of file creation).
For more information about employer contributions to DUA, see the Guide to employer contributions to DUA.