Drake Accounting®: How do I prepare and file the Maine Unemployment Contributions Report?
For filing to the Maine Department of Labor (DOL), DAS produces:
- A PDF of form UC-1, Unemployment Contributions Report.
- A .txt file for e-file.
See Related Links below for required setup information before creating the state wage report.
To prepare the UC-1:
- Select the Employees menu, then select State Tax & Wage Forms.
- Make sure ME is selected, then select UC-1 from the Forms droplist.
- Select the applicable quarter.
- Review the form and make any necessary entries or edits.
- Make sure the e-File checkbox is marked (if e-filing), then select Save/Print.
Save/Print creates a PDF copy of the form that can be printed and paper-filed. If e-File was marked, a .txt file for upload to the Maine REEMPLOYME website is also created.
- Log in to the ME REEMPLOYME website.
- Follow the menu options to upload the wage file.
- The file for upload can be found by browsing to the drive where DAS is installed > DrakeAccounting20YY > Clients > client code > EFile > ME > MEUC1 and selecting the file named MEUC1_YYYY-MM-DD_HR_MIN_SEC.txt (where YYYY-MM-DD_HR_MIN_SEC is the date and time of file creation.