Drake Hosted: How do I install the Citrix Workspace app to access Drake Hosted on a Mac OS?
The Citrix Workspace app (previously Citrix Receiver) is the gateway to the Drake Hosted environment and must be installed on each computer that will be accessing Drake Hosted. The following article refers to the process on a Mac OS. See Related Links below for the steps on a Windows computer.
Note: Drake Support may not be able to troubleshoot all compatibility issues between Citrix and web browsers.
Important Installation Notes:
- If you have Citrix installed and are actively using it to access another service, contact Drake Hosted Support (Hosted@DrakeSoftware.com, (828) 524-8020), before proceeding with the installation. If you no longer use Citrix to access another service, uninstall the Workspace app, reboot your computer, and then proceed with our installation instructions below.
- Complete the installation on each computer you plan to use.
- Have your Station Username and Password available. You will need it during installation. You can locate this information in the Drake Hosted Account Manager. To access the Account Manager, see “Signing in to the Account Management Portal (AMP)” on page 11 of the Drake Hosted User Guide.
To install the Citrix Workspace app (previously called Citrix Receiver):
- Go to https://www.citrix.com/downloads/workspace-app/mac/workspace-app-for-mac-latest.html.
- Click Download Citrix Workspace app for Mac. The installation file will begin to download.
- Access the completed download by clicking the Show Downloads button (screenshot below) near the top right corner of the Safari window. Select CitrixWorkspaceApp.dmg from available downloads to begin installation.
- If an existing version of Citrix Workspace (or Receiver) is found on the device, the screen below will appear. The existing version must be removed before installation can continue. To uninstall, choose Uninstall Citrix Workspace. If there is no other version of Citrix installed, skip to step 7 below.
- NOTE: All running instances of Citrix Workspace must be closed before proceeding with removal of the application.
- Next, the following dialog will appear. When Continue is selected, the device prompts for administrative account credentials. Enter credentials and click OK to proceed.
- Once the uninstall is complete, click OK.
- The original installation screen (Step 4 above) will display again. This time, choose Install Citrix Workspace.
- The Citrix Workspace Installer will launch. Read the prompt about installing software from trusted sources and click Continue. Review the introduction and Citrix software license information. Continue through each required screen and press Agree at the end to proceed.
- Once license terms have been accepted, the install location can be chosen. Verify, or change, the location and click Install.
- Note: If using Parallels, the install location must be changed to reflect the appropriate drive:
Drake Support is unable to assist with troubleshooting of a setup that uses Parallels.
- The device will again prompt for administrative account credentials (for the computer, not Drake Software). Enter credentials and select Install Software.
- Once installation is complete, an account can be added. Check the Add Account box, then click Continue.
- When prompted to enter work email or server address, type https://connect12.drakehosted.com and click Add.
- Enter your station username (Account#.Account#.Station#) and password, then click Sign In.
- Installation is complete. The Citrix Workspace installer can now be removed from the device. When prompted to move the installer to Trash, select either Keep or Move to Trash.
At this point, you are logged in to Drake Hosted and can open the displayed Drake applications. Use the plus sign on the left hand side to add hidden icons to your Citrix Workspace. Your login remains active if you have been active on the site within the last 12 hours (web timeout), even if you close the Drake Hosted window.
After the Drake Hosted window is closed, you can open it from Citrix Workspace app icon, or by double-clicking the Citrix icon at the top right of your Mac desktop. If a login is required, a Log On link is displayed at the top of the Drake Hosted window. You can also log in separately from the Citrix tray icon (right-click and select Log On).
You log out:
- when you log out manually, on the Drake Hosted window (from the drop list at the top of the window) or from the Citrix icon (right-click and select Log Out)
- when you exit Citrix from your system tray (right-click the tray icon and select Exit)
- or when you restart your workstation.
In the event your workstation loses internet connection, a running application is resumed if you are able to reconnect within 10 to 15 minutes.
Note: there is a software update that occurs daily at 4 am EST which logs out all Drake Hosted users.