What is Hosting on Right Networks?
Drake Software is excited to announce a new partnership with Right Networks, a cloud-hosting product that supports Drake Tax and Drake Accounting in the cloud. Right Networks is an award-winning cloud service provider that offers fully automated backups and secure data storage in two separate Tier 4 data centers.
- Hosting for Drake Tax, Drake Accounting, and associated applications (software licenses sold separately)
- 40 GB of storage per user (must have a hosting package assigned)
- Tools to easily migrate your data to the Right Networks cloud
- Bring your own Office365 license
- Robust, industry-leading security processes, including multi-factor authentication
- Data stored in Right Networks' Tier 4 data centers used by global banks
- 90-day nightly rolling backup
- 99.95% availability
- Zero scheduled downtime and end-to-end redundancy
- Supported on PC or Mac
- Add Foxit PhantomPDF Business, helping to easily manage the entire PDF lifecycle, for $13.99/month per user.
- Add other hosted applications from Right Networks directly to your cloud-hosted Drake subscription for an additional fee.
We chose to partner with Right Networks because of all the extra value you will receive from partnering with both Drake and Right Networks. Also, Right Networks’ long-standing experience in the accounting industry of hosting applications at scale made this a great opportunity for our customers. Support for both the Drake and hosting on Right Networks is available with the Drake Support team at (828) 349-5556.
Drake Hosted’s life-cycle will come to an end in the foreseeable future, so we’ve established a migration team to help our customers transition to Right Networks.
The process of accessing your hosted applications is similar, in that you launch a Remote Desktop Session (similar to launching Citrix) and log in to your “hosted desktop.” Since it’s based on Microsoft RDS (remote desktop service), the desktop will look just like a Windows desktop. During on-boarding, you’ll test your peripheral devices and our on-boarding team will help with setting those up.
Some notable enhancements are:
|Significantly more space with 40GB of space per USER*
|5GB of space per OFFICE, before additional monthly fees were incurred
|Zero scheduled downtime
|Nightly scheduled maintenance which required downtime
|90-day nightly rolling backup
|14-day nightly rolling backup
|Multi-Factor Authentication powered by Duo
|No Multi-Factor Authentication
|Ability to add other hosted applications offered by Right Networks directly to your cloud hosted Drake subscription for an additional fee, including QuickBooks Desktop
|Drake applications and Microsoft Office
|Bring your own Microsoft 365 license for no additional fee
|To use Office products, you could purchase a license for $25 per user, per month
|PDF 24 is included with Right Networks packages.
For customers needing a robust PDF editing tool, Foxit PhantomPDF Business is available for an additional fee and supported within the Right Networks cloud-hosted environment.
|No option to add a PDF editor
*A user is someone who has been assigned a hosting package.
For more assistance, contact Drake Support at (828) 349-5556 or review the Frequently Asked Questions in Related Links below.