Hosting on Right Networks: How do I move files between my local computer and the RN Desktop?
The Right Networks File Manager allows you to upload and download files and folders (including backups) to your RN Desktop from anywhere. This process functions independently from the Right Networks Desktop.
The File Manager cannot be used from within the Right Networks Desktop. You must use the browser on your local computer or mobile device to access the File Manager.
To get started, open your web browser and navigate to https://filemanager.rightnetworks.com/. Enter your Right Networks credentials and click Log On.
From the File Manager window you can do the following:
- Create a New Folder
- Download File(s) from Right Networks to Local
- Upload File(s) to Right Networks from Local
- View, Edit, or Delete Files
Create a New Folder
To create a new folder, select the desired location and click the New Folder icon.
Download File(s) from Right Networks to Local
To download files from Right Networks to your local device, follow these steps:
- Browse to the file(s) on the Right Networks Desktop (I:)*.
- Select the file(s) that need to be downloaded.
- CTRL + Click allows you to select multiple files at once.
- Click the Download icon.
- The files are downloaded to your local computer. If you do not have a default save location for downloads, you may be prompted for a save location.
Upload File(s) to Right Networks from Local
To upload files to Right Networks from your local device, follow these steps:
- Select your destination location (I:)* from the list of available locations on the left.
- Click the Upload Files icon.
- Choose the file(s) to upload by either:
- Dragging the file from your local computer and dropping them on the upload window, or
- Clicking Add and browsing to the location of your saved file(s). Select the file(s) or folder(s) to upload and click Open.
- Verify the file name(s) and click Upload.
- The file will appear in the File Manager list once it has been uploaded.
View, Edit, or Delete Files
From the File Manager Window you can Open, Cut, Copy, Delete, or Rename any file in the list. To see the list of options, select and then right click on the file in question:
*Other available locations on the Right Networks Desktop include My Documents (Hosted) and Desktop (Hosted). These locations are only visible to the logged in user. Generally, the I:/ should be used as it will allow files to be shared among the other users on your account. The I:\ should be chosen if moving backup items for later restoration into Drake Tax or Drake Accounting.