Is the price of the annual License Agreement covered in the hosting on Right Networks price?
The Drake Tax software license must be purchased separately; the hosting fee does not include the annual software license fee.
In order to signup for hosting on Right Networks, you have to be a current Drake software client with an active license agreement on file. If you need to purchase Drake Software you can buy or renew your software on the DrakeSoftware.com website.
How much does it cost to use hosting on Right Networks?
The hosting fee is $99 per month, per user.
Existing Drake Hosted users can take advantage of an introductory rate of $74/month per user which will last through April 2021.
- At this time, an annual payment option is not available. In order to make the service available as soon as possible, we have launched with the monthly payment option only.
- If you cancel within 30 days, you will receive a refund of the amount paid, less a $50 cancellation fee.
- Discounts are available for accounts with 10 or more users. Our on-boarding team will be able to provide you with more details.
What are the system requirements for hosting on Right Networks?
The system requirements are as follows:
- Microsoft RDP Client 7.0 or higher
- Internet: Broadband or equivalent high speed internet.
- Satellite internet is not recommended.
- Outbound port 3389 must be open.
- OS: Windows 8 or later (Windows 8, 8.1 and 10).
- Display: 1280×1024 or greater recommended.
Mac OS X
- Microsoft RDP Client 8.0 or higher.
- Internet: Broadband or equivalent high-speed internet.
- Satellite internet is not recommended, due to the high level of latency the connections experience.
- Outbound port 3389 must be open.
- OS: OS X version 10.12 or newer
- Display: 1280×1024 or greater recommended.
How much storage is included with my desktop? Are there fees if I go over the included amount?
Your hosting fee includes 40GB of storage, per user, on the Right Networks Destkop. For example, if you have two users, each with a hosting package, you will have 80GB available.
Overages are charged a fee of $1 per GB over the 40GB/user.
You can decrease your storage by removing excess data and Drake Documents files, backups, or unneeded programs from your account. Remember to make a local backup of your data before removing the program from your Right Networks Desktop.
If you use Drake Accounting, review the "Decreasing Storage & the Overwrite Forms Option" article in Related Links below for additional tips.
What years of Drake Tax and Drake Accounting are available?
When you sign up for hosting on Right Networks, the current year and two prior years of the tax program will automatically be available on your Right Networks Desktop. Once the new year of Drake Tax is released in early December, it will be added to your Right Networks Desktop. Certain prior years of Drake Tax are available for installation*.
The following years of Drake Tax are currently available in Right Networks:
When you sign up for hosting on Right Networks, Drake Accounting will not automatically be available on your Right Networks Desktop, however, you can easily install available years of DAS from your My Account portal. The following years of DAS are currently available in Right Networks*:
- Availability is subject to the actual release date of the software program(s).
- Installation of additional applications will increase the amount of storage space used.
- *Use of current and prior year versions of Drake Tax and Drake Accounting are subject to the restrictions of each licensing agreement.
- Additional licenses may be required to activate and use the software.
- Pay-Per-Return (PPR) customers do not have access to Drake Accounting, unless the license is purchased separately.
- Serial numbers for any licensed versions are available by logging in to the Drake Software Support Website > My Account > My serial numbers.
Are updates applied automatically?
Updates must be installed by the end-user when available (upon launch of Drake Tax).
After the first shipment of each season (around December), that new current year program will be updated nightly through the entire season and up until the release of next year’s software - around December the following year. Prior-year programs will be updated as follows:
- Prior-year: weekly
- Two-years prior: monthly
- Three-years prior: annually
Any urgent software updates will be applied as soon as possible, regardless of the version.
Drake Accounting will automatically install any available updates when the program is started. They can also be installed manually from Tools > Install Program Updates.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
What printers, scanners, card readers, and other peripheral devices will be supported?
- Right Networks has experience with a wide range of peripheral devices over its 18-year history; they have pre-qualified most of the peripherals that our customers use. If requests arise to support new peripherals that are not currently supported, Right Networks will perform a qualification process to determine if the peripheral can be supported.
Who do I call for support on Right Networks?
- You will call Drake Support when you need assistance with your hosting on Right Networks, or have billing questions related to the service. The Drake Support team will also walk you through the on-boarding process.
- Email: RNHosting@DrakeSoftware.com
- Phone: (828) 349-5556
What other applications are available on the Right Networks Desktop?
- In addition to QuickBooks Desktop, Right Networks has other applications to choose from; please note that additional subscription fees for these applications may apply. We will provide a link here once the application directory is available.
Is Drake Hosted still available?
- Hosting on Right Networks is our new hosting option and we chose Right Networks because of all the extra value you will receive from partnering with both Drake and Right Networks. In addition, Right Networks long-standing experience in the accounting industry of hosting applications at scale made this a great opportunity for our clients. Drake Hosted’s life-cycle will end in the foreseeable future.
Does this new service use the Citrix Receiver or Citrix Workspace App?
- No, this new hosted service does not utilize the Citrix Receiver or Workspace App.
- While the user experience of the two solutions may be slightly different, the performance of the service and use of applications on the service should be equivalent and, in some cases, better.
- The Right Networks platform and their patented HyperRightTM technology is industry leading in performance, availability and security for Accountants and Accounting firms.
- The platform is built around Microsoft RDS (Remote Desktop Services) and includes automation, redundancy, fail-over, monitoring and alerting that combine to deliver the best up-time possible. They partner closely with Microsoft and are the largest RDS service provider in the world.
Is this service on Drake equipment or Right Networks' equipment?
- Right Networks' equipment.
I’ve already paid annually for Drake Hosted. What happens when I switch to hosting from Right Networks?
- A credit for those pre-paid, unused months will be applied to your Right Networks subscription when you sign up.
I have a 3-month credit that I haven’t received because my station’s annual term has not come up for renewal yet. Will I lose that if I switch to Right Networks before the term is up?
- A credit for those three months (if not already received) will be applied to your Right Networks subscription when you sign up.
Will QuickBooks be available?
- Right Networks is the leading provider of cloud-hosted QuickBooks Desktop (QBD) and it will be available for purchase through them after you subscribe to your Right Networks hosting solution through Drake and are onboarded.
- Right Networks will add your cloud-hosted QuickBooks Desktop license(s) to your subscription and you will be able to access both from the same location.
- Right Networks sells and supports the current year plus the two previous years, adhering to Intuit’s product policy. Currently, the 2018, 2019 and 2020 versions are available (Pro, Premium, Premium Accountant). They also offer a “Bring your own license (BYOL)” option.
- Soon, you’ll be able to access more information and schedule an appointment to talk to a Right Networks representative.
Can I collaborate with my small business clients through Right Networks QuickBooks Desktop hosting (RN QBD)?
- Yes. This is a key benefit with Right Networks cloud-hosting for QuickBooks Desktop. You can provide your clients a user license for your Right Networks hosting services and collaborate with that client in real-time, in the same QuickBooks Desktop file, remotely.
Will I call Drake for help with QuickBooks Desktop hosting?
- Right Networks will provide the support for any hosting questions related to the applications purchased directly from Right Networks, such as QuickBooks Desktop. The number is (888) 417-4448, extension 2. This team is available 24/7 and are all US based.