What is Drake Portals and what features are available?
Drake Portals on the SecureFileProTM domain provides a secure client file exchange, allowing preparers and their clients to exchange confidential tax documents securely and conveniently. It is web-based and works with most browsers and computers. Since it is a paperless document exchange, preparers spend less time printing, faxing, emailing, or mailing returns and other documents to clients when they need a copy.
Included in all Drake Portals plans:
- Option to brand your site with your company’s logo and name.
- A custom URL (website address) for your site.
- Be sure to bookmark this URL for future use.
- Unlimited clients.
- Unlimited firm accounts for staff/employees.
- Industry-standard Security Measures
- The site and client files are protected by tough, industry-standard security measures. All transmissions are secured with 256-bit SSL encryption, and files are encrypted at rest on the server.
- Clients may view and access only their own documents.
With Drake Portals you can quickly:
- Transfer files
- Some image files are also compatible with GruntWorx. See Related Links below.
- Update client profiles
- The client can then update their demographic information and you can import that information into their return.
- Send questionnaires
- Questionnaires include Health Care Coverage, Due Diligence, Education Credits and Deductions, EIC, CTC, AOTC, and more.
- Track client progress
- Send and receive instant messages
- Send invoices to clients with e-Pay.
- Message your client
- Capture remote e-Signatures with Drake e-Sign Online.
- Additional fees apply; see below for details*.
- Provide clients with a website optimized for mobile devices and accessible with a standard web browser in iOS, Android, or on their computer.
Functionality varies depending on whether you are accessing Drake Portals through the website or through the Drake Tax integration in Drake Documents; see Related Links below for details. For an overview and demonstration of these features, watch the video Portal Overview.
*The e-Pay and Drake e-Sign Online features require additional fees.
- Merchant card processing through e-Pay functions through the new interface. Pricing depends on which program you choose. See Related Links for details on signing up for e-Pay merchant card processing.
- When using Drake e-Sign Online, remember:
- The Drake e-Sign Online process through SFP is different than using Drake e-Sign In Person. Drake e-Sign In Person allows you to have a client e-sign documents in your office with a signature pad.
- The e-Sign Online function is only available to Drake Tax customers.
- The Drake e-Sign Online process requires the purchase of e-Sign Events.
- Documents can only be signed via SFP if enough e-Sign Events have been purchased and are available. The signature option requires the purchase of e-Sign Events by the preparer. The preparer must have sufficient e-Sign Events available for taxpayers to be able to sign PDFs that they receive through SFP.
- Each e-Sign Event purchased will allow the taxpayer and/or spouse to fully sign a single PDF document, which can include multiple signature pages. Each additional PDF that needs to be signed will require an additional e-Sign Event. Use care when sending PDFs for signatures.
- Review more information and purchase e-Sign Events here. Note that you will be prompted to log in to the Drake Software Support website before accessing this link.
| File Transfer, Connect Questionnaires, Messenger
|| Drake e-Sign Online
|| Payments through e-Pay
|Included with active SFP account
||Available through Non-refundable e-Sign Events, purchased separately
||You must sign up for e-Pay Merchant Card Processing through EPS before you can process payments
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Drake Portals time-out? Can I change that setting?
- The Drake Portals website times out after 15 minutes of inactivity. This setting cannot be changed.
What security measures are used by Drake Portals?
- When you make a purchase on the Drake Software website, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology to safeguard your credit card information while it is being sent to us. The SSL encryption is designed to make the information unreadable by anyone but us. This security measure is working when you see either the symbol of an unbroken key or closed lock (depending on your browser) on the bottom of your browser window.
- All data collected through our website is protected by a secure server. In addition, we use SSL to secure the transmission of data from the internet to our systems.
- All data is maintained and backed-up on a regular schedule to provide adequate redundancy and ensure that the integrity of information is never jeopardized.
- We make every commercially reasonable effort to be fully compliant with rules under sections 6713 and 7216 of the Internal Revenue Code.
Who can purchase Drake Portals?
- Both Drake Tax and non-Drake customers can purchase Drake Portals.
- Some features, such as Drake e-Sign Online, are only available for use by Drake Tax customers.
- Other limitations apply to individuals outside of the United States; see KB 15626 for more information.