I am having trouble with using my scanner in Drake Documents. What steps can I take?
There are a few problems that may arise in Drake Documents (previously Drake Document Manager or DDM) with a TWAIN compliant scanner. Issues include:
- Drake Documents not displaying an installed scanner.
- Not saving a scanner that has been selected in Drake Documents setup.
- Not scanning when you run the scan function.
- Only saving the last page of a multi-page document.
- Error messages:
- "unable to open default TWAIN device"
- "scanner cannot be located"
- If the operating system is Windows 7 or newer, and the issue occurs when using the Archive Cabinet, right click on the Drake Documents desktop shortcut icon and select Run as administrator.
- Install the current driver for the scanner you are using and restart both the computer and the scanner.
- Verify that the scanner is indeed TWAIN compliant.
- Make sure the scanner is on and the connection is being recognized by the computer.
- Re-select the scanner from the drop list on Drake Documents > Setup > Options.
- Choose Use Document Feeder when scanning:
- Select to use your scanner's interface. In Drake Documents, either the Working or Archive Cabinet, select Setup > Options, and clear the option Turn off scanner interface.
If the issue is still not resolved, contact Drake Software Support for assistance: (828) 524-8020.