How can I order TheTaxBook? How do I activate my subscription?
Drake Software customers receive discounts on TheTaxBook and TheTaxBook WebLibrary. To order, select the option Integrated Tax Research - TheTaxBook WebLibrary Plus (first user) when purchasing or renewing Drake Software either online or via mail/fax.
After purchasing, you will receive an email confirmation. Then, you must activate your subscription by going to https://www.thetaxbook.com/drakeactivation and entering your Account Number.
- Note: If you have activated with TheTaxBook in a prior year, you do not need to register again.
Beginning with Drake20, you can click the open book icon within data entry of Drake Tax to access tax research from TheTaxBook. The link will take you to relevant information for the applicable form or schedule. To turn off this option, go to Setup > Options > Data Entry tab > Disable TaxBook Research links.
Year specific details:
- When you order a TheTaxBook subscription when purchasing or renewing Drake21, you will have access to it from Drake21. You must activate your subscription by April 1, 2022. The subscription is valid for that filing year, expiring on December 31, 2022.
- When you order a TheTaxBook subscription when purchasing or renewing Drake22, you will have access to it from Drake22. You must activate your subscription by April 1, 2023. The subscription is valid for that filing year, expiring on December 31, 2023.
For more information:
- Log into support.drakesoftware.com
- Go to Products > TheTaxBook.