Drake Accounting®: How do I install MICR Fonts?
This process will install the OCR-A font within Drake Accounting®. The OCR-A font may be needed even if not using a MICR printer, such as when Routing and Account Numbers do not print as expected.
- If you are missing the required MICR fonts for Drake Accounting®, you can download them by navigating to http://dasapps.drakesoftware.com/deployment/fonts.zip
- Copy and paste the URL into your browser address bar.
- Once the download is complete, select the download folder to open it.
- Right click anywhere in the folder and select Extract All.
- Choose a destination folder to extract the files. A suggested folder will be displayed, but you can choose an existing folder on your computer or make a new folder for the files. Make sure that the option Show extracted files when complete is checked.
- Click Extract.
- Open that destination folder and select all the fonts by using CTRL+A on your keyboard.
- Right click on the selected fonts and click Install. This process will install all selected fonts at the same time.
- To confirm the installation of the fonts, go to Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Fonts.
- You may need to restart your computer for the fonts to be successfully installed.
- Once the computer has been restarted, go into DAS > Financial > MICR Calibration to recalibrate your newly installed fonts.